The new Innovate! Inside the Box app facilitates the use of the creativity method, Systematic Inventive Thinking (SIT). It explains each of the five techniques (Subtraction, Division, Task Unification, Multiplication, and Attribute Dependency) and allows users to generate creative ideas and innovations. This app is ideal for readers of “Inside the Box: A Proven System of Creativity for Breakthrough Results.”
The app is available for iPad 2 or 3. Download it at the Apple iTunes Preview.
Here's how to Use the App: (click screenshots to see a larger image)
1. Go to How to Use the App on the Home page to read about Systematic Inventive Thinking.
2. Go to Learn a Technique to read about each one.
3. Go to My Innospace and look at the sample project, Refrigerator, under Current Projects. Review the Ideas List for examples of ideas generated with each technique.
4. Go to New Innospace and create a new project:
a. Enter the Name of product or service you want to innovate
b. Enter a Description of the project
c. Hit Enter
d. Enter the Components and Attributes of the product or service
5. Select one of the five techniques to apply to the new project
a. Select a technique, or “I’m Feeling Lucky.”
b. Read each of the Virtual Products that the app creates.
c. Use Function Follows Form to identify potential innovations
6. Capture new ideas discovered.
a. Enter a name of the idea
b. Enter a description of the idea
c. List the benefits
d. Add notes if needed
e. Hit Done
7. Share your ideas via email, Facebook, or Twitter.
8. Backup your projects by going to the More link
For best results, it is recommended that users read about the method before using this app. We do not recommend downloading this app without training in the method or reading the book first.