Here is an opportunity to learn innovation directly from the people who taught me. The course is called Innovation Suite 2010 and will be held in New York City from May 24-26, 2010. You can register for it at http://www.sitsite.com/academy/.
Here are the goals of the course:
- Be able to independently apply SIT innovation tools to your own business issues to arrive at solutions that you would not normally think of.
- Learn how to develop a culture and practice of innovation in your organization utilizing only existing resources and structures, resulting in a less traumatic organizational change.
- Begin to work on a relevant issue and arrive at some ideas through the 3-day workshop and the coaching hours.
- Gain facilitation skills and receive support for conducting innovation mini-sessions in your organization.
- Network with like-minded innovation lovers from a variety of companies, and learn how they approach innovation.
- Be able to implement the knowledge acquired in the course upon your return to your company thanks to a structured follow-up program.
The course fee is $2,800 which includes course tuition; coaching hours; SIT materials including an internal "mini-session facilitation kit"; 3 breakfasts, 3 lunches and 1 dinner. The course fee will be rebated back to you if your company orders a project from SIT by October 1st 2010.
Day 1: Use SIT to be more effective by thinking and acting differently. The first day is all about you and your work: improve your ability to act, think, react, and deliver, by using our tools and principles, while generating unique, efficient solutions for practically any situation. By 5:30pm you will know how to apply the following to your tasks:
• SIT’s approach to Problem Solving
Day 2: SIT-in-action. The second day will mostly be conducted by SIT-trained innovation leaders in large organizations around the world. By 5:30pm you will know how SIT works on different scales and levels of organizations after you have:
• Learned more SIT tools from the experienced innovation leaders
Day 3: Putting it all to work
The third day is all about you and your team and how to harness your team’s knowledge and resources to meet your business goals, improve the results of strategic projects, and find ways to stealthily add new thinking to many everyday situations. By 5:30pm you will know how to manage a short innovation process after you:
• Participated in a team-innovation session on a real business topic
• Learned what needs to be done to ensure deployment of the results